Thursday, March 31, 2011

More Trials??

"God never moves without purpose or plan...give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long, in darkness He giveth a song... O Rejoice in the Lord, He makes no mistake. He knoweth the end of each path that I take, for when I am tried, and purified, I shall come forth as gold." -Ron Hamilton

Today, the words of this song are flying around my head. There is so much going on in our lives that, sometimes, it makes it harder to trust. But I have to remember Who brings us in and out of each trial. I can't help but focus on the example of Job in the Bible. (I'm sure that I have made a reference to Job before in my blogs, but we can all use a little reminder once in a while, can't we?)

I really don't want to go into great detail about the specific trials that we are facing right now, that isn't really what is important. The important thing is how we are dealing with our trials. We all handle them differently. My main focus is to make sure that I am handling them exactly how God wants me to handle them. With an upward focus on Him and His Word. Trusting that He, and He alone, will get me through each day. Don't get me wrong, it's often difficult to remember this, but, through each trial we face, God purifies us. The more we want to be purified, the easier the next trial may seem.

Does it always seem that God is around when we face our trials? No, not always. Sometimes it feels as though He cannot be reached. But, I promise you, He IS within reach. We must open our eyes and focus upward. He will always be there to guide us. I encourage you to read through the book of Job. Study the trials that he faced. He had a lot taken away from him but he still chose to trust and love God. Why can't we do the same for the little that we have that is taken away from us? Job 23:10- But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I will be praying for you and Jeremy. I too know how hard it can be to face the trials when we don't see the immediate end in sight. We just hve to trust our God to be in control and not ourselves. Love and Prayers, Faye Greenawalt