Thursday, March 3, 2011

Casting All Your Care

I suppose I haven't written in a while. Has it really been 2 months?? Time sure is flying by these days. There are times that I lay in bed wondering where all of the hours in my day went. I guess that's why I'm writing this post at one o'clock in the morning. I have just been thinking about what life is going to be like with a third person living with us.

Oh! This reminds me to update you all on a few things first. At the end of January, we found out that we are going to have a BOY!!!! We are very excited and have been preparing for him ever since. That is one of the many reasons why our posts have been non-existent. Anyway, we cannot wait for Jackson Carter to arrive in June!

So, it has been a few days since I even started this post and I think I am finally ready to finish it. This brings me to why I started writing this post. So much has been going on these last few months. It seems like every time I think that I am finally content where God has me, He shows me another area in my life where I need to be more content. "And be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" Hebrews 13:5.

In a few months, our lives are about to change forever. We will be adding another member to our family. No longer will I only be focused on making my husband happy but my child as well. I have been reading a book by Elizabeth George called Life Management for Busy Women. In one of the chapters, she discusses managing your children. She shares the "guidelines" that she used when raising her own children. It has been very encouraging these last few weeks as well as a nice reminder of what God requires of parents. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Matthew 6:21.

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. I Peter 5:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Jeremy are going to be wonderful, loving ,caring parents who will raise Jackson in the way he should go. God will guide you all the way. What a blessing your child will be to you, but more importantly, what a blessing you will be to him.