Tuesday, October 20, 2009

They're back!!!

Most of you, I'm sure, can remember back to a blog post that I wrote on September 11, 2008 titled Leaping Lizards! Well, I thought for sure that we were out of the woods on that subject since we have a cat that adopted us. Jeremy and I were really grateful for that. But apparently, I am not immune.

I attend a weekly Bible Study on Tuesday mornings or at least try to--when I'm not away on vacation or incredibly sick. So today was like any other Tuesday. I got to my classroom and I was preparing to sit down, when all of a sudden (cue creepy music) I see out of the corner of my eye, a lizard. You've got to be kidding?! Well, I noticed that it was on one of the chairs at the table. So, being the kind hearted person that I am--I did not want someone to sit on it--I tried to get it off. That crazy thing wouldn't budge! Someone walked by and asked if I needed help. So I explained the situation. We decided that we should just push the chair out of the room, down the hall, and outside. Brilliant! So, I proceeded to push the chair, all the while internally freaking out and silently praying that the thing wouldn't jump on me.

Once, again, I remind you, I am NOT afraid of lizards. They only really bother me when they are not where they are supposed to be . . . which is OUTSIDE.

So, I'm pushing the chair on the carpet and I get to a spot where the carpet ends and tile begins. I think to myself, this is not going to work. I am going to scrape this chair along the tile, the lizard will freak out and jump straight at me. So, I notice that there is carpet on the other side of the tile and I decide that I will carry the chair across the tile section to the other carpeted section. I picked up the chair and carried it across with much success. That is, until I set the chair back down. That lizard did not want to be on that chair anymore! He jumped so high, I thought for sure he was coming to attack!! I screamed, several other ladies screamed, and that little lizard took off running through the cafeteria! Oh, no! I have let the monster loose!!! After running zig-zag around the cafeteria flailing my arms about, he finally stopped under a table to catch his breath. I thought, I've got you now! I crept up and he started running again, right into the kitchen and under the prep counter! This is REALLY not good! People cook food in there. What am I going to do?! So, another dear lady decided to help me. She got on one side of the prep counter and I on the other. Neither of us could reach him, so I grabbed a broom from the supply closet. I guess the broom only made him more nervous because he ran under the oven for cover. That little booger must have known we would not be able to reach him there so we had to give up. As far as I know, he is still there. I'm sure he enjoyed a smorgasbord of crumbs for his lunch.

1 comment:

Becky Larson said...

Too funny! I betcha he got a meatball or too...they were warming in the crockpot right where I think you guys were pursuing the stinkin' lizard! :)