Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just thinking...

Okay, so it's about 12:45 am. I'm just sitting here watching Sports Center and thinking about all of the things that I've done today. 

We're having a Missions Conference next weekend at church. Saturday night, after the 5 pm service, we are having an International Supper. All day I have been thinking about what I could possibly make. (Jeremy wants to take a bunch of tacos from Taco Bell.) After I was tired of thinking about food, I figured I had better make some decorations to help make the Fellowship Hall look a little more festive. I spent an hour and a half on one Chinese lantern! Being the perfectionist that I am, I got a little frustrated! So, I went outside to rake leaves.

Rake leaves?! Yes, it is finally "fall" in Florida (the seasons are out of order here). We are needing to plant our garden soon and I needed to rake the leaves out of it and do some weeding. I finally finished that around 6:30, shortly after Jeremy got back from work.

Jeremy went to a men's Bible study tonight and while he was gone, I went to visit a lady from our church who lives behind us (she and her husband own our house :o). We had a great time just chatting and drinking coffee. When our husbands got back from the Bible study, they asked us what we did all night. "We solved the worlds problems, " she said. A little while later, Jeremy and I went with them to Steak 'n Shake for a late night snack. We enjoy spending time with them so much!

So, now I sit here and think about how blessed I am that I was able to accomplish so much today. I know there are some people out there who don't have as much as I do or aren't even able to get up and walk. God has given me so much and I just want to thank Him. It will be nice to see the "fruits of our labor" when our garden is finished. I will try to get a picture or two on here for all of you to see.


Forgive me if there are any errors in this post. I'm soooo tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for visiting my blog! It's kind of random--my posts may be like a stay-at-home-mom journal, or devotional in nature, or even something random like a baby product review!
I'm glad to see you guys have a blog too. Looks like you're doing well down there in Florida!! Thanks for staying in touch!