Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Make freedom count...get a sticker!


This is my 3rd presidential election that I have participated in. I am proud to say that this year I finally received my "I voted" sticker!!! The previous two presidential elections didn't get me a sticker because I had to vote by absentee ballot since I was at school in South Carolina. 

This time around was much more exciting. Jeremy and I had voted by absentee/mail-in ballot (which is something FL does) so we didn't have to wait in those pesky lines. We decided not to mail in our ballots but take them directly to one of the election offices. It was so great! I put my ballot in the box and received my sticker. I felt like I was graduating again!

Even though today is an exciting time in our lives as Americans, some of us out there are going to be disappointed tomorrow...maybe even angry and upset. Let's remember that no matter what the outcome, God is in control. He already knows who will win and He is prepared to carry out His plan. As a Christian, I know that "in whatever situation I am to be content" (Philippians 4:11). God WILL have the final say one day. Many will repent, but many will reject Him. God is in control of our nation. He always has been, He is now, and He always will be. He will win the final war. I am glad that I won't be on earth when that day comes!

No comments: