Friday, August 21, 2009

Easy Chicken and Swiss Cheese Crock Pot Casserole

We have enjoyed this recipe so many times, I feel that it is time to share. Try it once and I PROMISE you will enjoy it too! It is one of our favorites and it's so easy. You just throw in a crock pot and forget about it. Let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
*4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
*4 slices of swiss cheese (sometimes we use shredded cheddar or mozarella)
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*1 can cream of mushroom soup
*1 cup chicken broth
*1/4 cup milk
*2 cups boxed stuffing mix (we use the whole box)
*1/2 cup melted butter
*salt & pepper to taste

Preparation:
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in crock pot. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts. Put one slice of swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk.

Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all. Drizzle melted butter on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

5 comments:

Erin said...

i am so gonna try this! thanks sarah! i am looking for more crock pot recipes so let me know if you have any more good ones. :)

Becky said...

Ooo ooo!!! This looks REALLY good!! I will have to try it since I already have the stuffing mix & the soups. :-) Plus I lOVE crock pot recipes!!!!
Thanks for posting it, Sarah!
And thank you for the congrats and praying for our new little one. :-)
Love you!!
becky

Shelly said...

I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes. I like doing them on Sundays for lunch but also want to try others when I'm a stay at home mom.

The Brown's said...

I just printed it off too, will try it this week. Thanks Sarah!

Embracing the Insanity said...

Okay, I am eating a variation on your recipe right now and I LOVE it!! It's like my new "comfort food."
I say a "variation" because I always hate it when people "review" recipes and then proceed to tell all the ways they deviated from the recipe. (How can you review a recipe if you do your own thing, right?)
But . . . all the ingredients are the same, except a little more milk and I stirred the stuffing mix into the soup mixture. After it was all cooked, I shredded the chicken and added fresh steamed broccoli (which my kids love, believe it or not) and it was like a chicken-stuffing- cream-soup- broccoli casserole. :-)
For most people, I would recommend sticking with YOUR recipe, but this version worked well for me, since my kids aren't old enough to cut up their own chicken. LOL!
And I got a lot of meals out of it!! I'm eating the last one tonight and I'm going to have to make it again soon!!