Friday, July 18, 2008

Spend and be spent!

Well, this is my first time ever blogging. I thought I would try it because I wanted all my friends to have a better understanding of the lives of the Dail family. 

Let me just start off by sharing about this week. Our church (Missouri Avenue Baptist in Clearwater, FL) is finishing up Vacation Bible School. We have had so much fun working with the children as well as with our friends in the church. There is a famous phrase that was always mentioned when I worked as a counselor at a Christian camp in North Carolina. It comes to my mind this week: Spend and be spent! I can honestly say that I feel that way this week. I am exhausted but I know that it was worth it to see the kids in our group smiling. Most importantly, there were a few that made some good, solid decisions that glorify my Lord. That is the best part! So, my dear friends, how are you serving others this week? Live life as though you could meet our Creator at any time. I tell you, spend and be spent!

1 comment:

Becky Larson said...

Thank you for your message. It is so important for us to be "all there" in whatever we do. I have been convicted that if I am not doing my job "heartily," I am not fully being used of God. This week at VBS was good for me to remember...Life is not about us and how we feel, but about how we glorify Him! I think the kids saw Christ in us this week, and I am excited to see how God works in their lives in the future. God is in control! :) By the way, I really like your blog! :)